‘Seek first to understand’ – Stephen Covey (The 7 habits of highly successful people)
You wouldn’t trust a surgeon to operate on your heart until they had carried out a thorough diagnosis of your condition before putting you under the knife. Similarly, you need a thorough diagnosis of your strategic business initiatives to help you understand the true root causes of your current business initiative difficulties before carrying out business surgery’.
Our Diagnostic-X service determines the root causes holding backing performance holding your initiatives back, we the develop a ‘rapid action’ plan with your team, suppliers & sub-contractors for you to get back on track quickly and with confidence.
Purpose of Business Diagnostic service
To inform you of the key issues and their root causes that are putting the success of your strategic business initiative at risk. The diagnostic results enable you to take informed decisions on what actions to take now to get your strategic business initiative back on track for a successful outcome.
Results & key benefits
- Rapid diagnosis of your strategic business initiative’s current situation and status by independent experts to accelerate putting you back in control with confidence
- Increased probability of a successful outcome to your strategic business initiative investment
- Impartial feedback on the seriousness of key risks & issues, their impact and what needs to be done to resolve them
We help you free up your most precious resource which is being consumed with managing a difficult situation, your own time and attention. Our intervention will enable you to get back to managing critical personal relationships & ultimately for you to make a significant contribution in driving your business’ strategic agenda forward
Diagnostic-X Process – How does it work?
Step 1 – Information harvest – ‘seek first to understand’
Our initial step is to gather together the critical information, data and insights on the status of your strategic business initiative. We do this through structured interviews with the key stakeholders and managers involved in the business initiative, a commercial evaluation of your business initiative’s ‘value proposition’ and benefits realisation plan, a structured review of the business initiative management disciplines in place and the supporting documentation and governance processes, we review the risk management assessments & risk mitigation plans in place and then seek to understand the critical dependencies and how business initiative interdependencies are being managed.
To maximise your return on investment, we carry out a ‘triage’ approach where we first carry out a rapid assessment of all your business initiatives at a high level (that we call a ‘Level 0 diagnostic’) that allows us to identify the most critical initiatives for a more detailed analysis (that we call a ‘Level 1 diagnostic’).
Step 2- Take control
We take the critical information gathered in Step 1 and map this information against our expert business diagnostic framework and risk tools. We can then give you:
- A prediction of business initiative success against key predictive parameters
- Identification of key risks that will jeopardise the success of the strategic business initiative
- Identification of the root causes of issues most likely to lead to business initiative failure
- A high-level plan to correct key issues, incorporating rapid action plan steps to start to rebuild confidence in your strategic business initiative’s success immediately
Our expert diagnostic concentrates on the key predictive factors for business initiative success focusing on:
- Your business initiative’s value proposition and our confidence assessment on how likely it is that you will realise its intended benefits
- An assessment of the key stakeholder buy-in critical to the success of the business initiative across your organisation, your suppliers and partner businesses critical to ensuring business initiative delivery
- Our expert, independent perspective on how robust your business initiative management & governance disciplines are and answering your concerns as to whether they are fit for purpose
- And finally our perspective on the suitability of your risk management assessment and mitigation plans
Our overriding objective is to give you this expert diagnosis quickly so that you can judge what the level of required intervention is commercially justified.
Step 3 – Address critical issues and identify root causes
In our experience there are a number of critical factors that consistently stand in the way of business initiative success. We use the information gathered during our structured diagnostic (based on our proprietary methodology developed through our experience of working on strategic business initiatives over 25 years in financial institutions) to determine the most appropriate steps to address the root causes of your current situation.
Step 4 – Action Plan
Finally, we use the diagnostic assessment as the basis to putting together a structured plan (incorporating rapid interventions to get you and your business initiative back on track quickly). Our in-depth knowledge of financial institutions, their business operations and IT systems allows us to work with you and your team to determine the most optimal path to get you back on track rapidly.
Are you ready to start resolving your difficult challenges?
We are confident we can bring you a powerful diagnosis with an action plan to get you back on track. For the vast majority of business initiatives, this can be completed within one week. Our analysis & recommendations are backed by our ‘no-quibble, guarantee’ – no fees unless you are completely satisfied.
If you would like to discuss your particular situation and challenges that are putting the success of your strategic business initiative at risk, then please feel free to call now for a ‘no obligation’ initial confidential discussion. You can reach me, John Corr, on Tel: +44 (0)20 3637 5501 or email me at email@example.com.