Key strategic threats facing UK FMCG firms:
- The battle of the Giants – Tesco, Sainsbury/ Asda and Morrisons
- The growth of discount formats such as Aldi, Lidl
- The impact of Amazon and Digital channels (web, mobile & voice)
How can FMCG firms respond to avoid extinction?
- Better strategic selling practices to counter countering the purchasing functions of the giant retailers
- Alternative paths (low-cost commodity ultra-low cost business model and highly differentiated value added products)
- Innovations in products and business models (particularly growing your own D2C capability and channels)