Solvency II is a fundamental review of the business models of European insurers, most directly impacting capital adequacy and risk management. This expert interview is designed for the business leaders responsible for Solvency II programmes with practical advice on the most significant risks you face at this stage, how to avoid them and how you can succeed.
Please click the start button to watch the video.
As they say “so what’s the worst thing that can happen to your Solvency II programme?” Put simply a programme that is off the rails can end up saddling you with additional operating costs while still leaving you with significant compliance issues with the FSA.
In this interview with Solvency II expert, Iain Pickard, by John Corr you’ll learn:
- What are the biggest risks that leaders of Solvency II programmes face at this time and how can you avoid them?
- What’s the one thing you should be doing now (that perhaps you’re not)?
- What should you do differently to many Insurers that are putting their Solvency II programme at risk?
- 5 quick tips on what you can do to significantly reduce the risk to the success of your Solvency II programme?
- What’s the easiest thing you can do right now to improve your situation?
You can download the recording and transcript of the Solvency II interview from this section
CLICK HERE to download the interview (in MP3 format). I can guarantee that your investment of 15 minutes of your time will enable you to lean and apply invaluable lessons to ensure the success of your own Solvency II programme.
Can I recommend that you take advantage of downloading a FULL transcript that you can read ‘offline’ by CLICKING HERE to download a written PDF format copy.
While downloading, you can listen to the interview right now from the ‘PODCAST’ link at the bottom of this page. Additional valuable resources are available from the section below.
How else can we help you with your Solvency II programme right now?
Complex programmes like Solvency II, frequently encounter decision making roadblocks that hold up progress on critical issues. A powerful tool that we recommend to you is the RACI technique that helps you accelerate decision making in difficult and complicated situations. CLICK HERE to download a detailed ‘how to’ on using the RACI technique with practical examples and case studies of its application in large-scale programmes.
Is your Solvency II programme in trouble?
If a particular aspect of your overall Solvency II programme is in trouble, we can help you get it back on track. Are you facing some of the following issues?
- Is the data from your core systems too inconsistent and unreliable for live running and the proposed IT solution to address this issue too difficult and complex to implement?
- Are you concerned that you’ll fail your USE TEST as the processes that you’ve submitted to the FSA are too complex to work in practice?
- Do you suspect that some of your processes been over-engineered undermining your profitability post implementation?
- Are some of your key projects at risk putting your overall programme under pressure?
- Do you need an independent expert assessment on the probability that you’ll pass your ‘USE TEST’ with the FSA?
If you’re fed up of the ‘big 4’ applying huge teams attempting to ‘boil the ocean’ rather than fixing your issues right now then you may wish to take a look at the services we offer to get your Solvency II programme back on track rapidly.
Do you need advice on your specific issues and challenges with Solvency II?
If you are grappling with complex issues and it’s not obvious what you should do and you feel you would benefit from expert independent advice, then please do ring John Corr (on 020 3637 5501) to explore your situation in more depth.
All conversations are confidential and without further obligation.